Imagine this: you’re scrolling through your emails when you suddenly find one that looks suspicious. You open it instinctually to investigate and immediately regret it—your business has been infected with ransomware!
This scenario is becoming an increasing likelihood for businesses of all sizes. In 2023, the rate of ransomware attacks rose by a staggering 37% from just last year. Luckily, you can do something about it. By implementing effective email security protocols, you can ensure your inbox is protected from any malicious viruses, malware, and other potential threats.
The Challenge Ransomware Presents
Ransomware is a computer virus that encrypts all of the data on your device and makes it impossible to access. The malicious actor then demands payment in exchange for a decryption key that unlocks the infected device. Not only is cyber threat becoming more common, but it’s also becoming more costly—in 2023, the average cost of a ransom reached $1.5 million.
Last year, one survey found that 73% of businesses were hit with a successful ransomware attack, and 38% went on to become repeat victims. More than anything, it’s clear that businesses need to take ransomware threats seriously. The cost of not doing so is simply too high to pay.
How Email Security Can Help
The best way to protect yourself from a ransomware attack is to prevent it from happening in the first place, and effective email security protocols can help you do just that. By investing in an email security solution, your business can ensure its inbox is protected from any malicious threats.
The Most Effective Email Security Measures
When it comes to email security, you’ll need to find a solution that fits your business’s needs. Here are some of the most reliable security measures to consider:
- Anti-Virus Software: A comprehensive anti-virus program can detect malicious files before they’re opened and protect your device from potential viruses.
- Spam Filters: Installing a spam filter can help to block any suspicious emails before they make it into your inbox.
- Firewalls: Firewalls provide an extra layer of protection from any malicious attacks and are essential for keeping your business secure.
- Encryption: Encrypting emails is a great way to ensure that confidential information remains secure and can’t be accessed by external sources.
- Security Awareness Training: Considering that 82% of cyberattacks start with human mistakes, educating your employees on how to spot a potential threat can help them to make more informed decisions when it comes to their inboxes.
- Phishing Simulations: Phishing simulations let you test your employees’ susceptibility to cyberattacks and can help them improve their security awareness.
Always Stay Prepared With TrinWare
At TrinWare, we’re your one-stop shop for all your cybersecurity needs. Our MSP packages include free phishing simulations, so you can feel extra confident in your security protocols. Plus, we offer a wide range of other services and solutions to help you protect your business from cyber threats, including data encryption and endpoint protection.
By investing in the right email security solutions and educating your employees on the importance of cyber safety, you can ensure that your business is protected from any potential ransomware threats. So don’t wait—take control of your email security today with TrinWare!