TrinWare Makes the Security of Our Team and Clients Its Top Priority
*UPDATE: TrinWare’s team will follow Colorado’s Executive Order D 2020-190 to wear masks in indoor public spaces until at least, October, 12th.*
The landscape of information technology security is not what it used to be. No longer can you purchase a simple anti-virus program and expect to remain protected from unlimited amount of threat vectors and threat markets that are present in today’s world.
Now, the landscape has changed. More individuals are working from home due to the pandemic and the term “remote work” has become a normal phrase in everyday life and everyday conversations.
So how are we able to mitigate threats for individuals if they are not in the office?
Remote or not, below are steps we have committed to. We strive for the highest possible level of security no matter the budget and no matter the size of the company. The security of our clients and their employees has no equal.
- Individual security response that operates directly on active threats and alerts from an end user’s computer or device be it Mac or Windows, iOS or Android.
- Active PC and Server monitoring for both local and external threats. Our next generation software can see what it looks like when someone is working, or when someone is trying to take over your computer.
- 99.9% Ransomware mitigation through advanced roll-back techniques and a 24/7 security operations center for a live person at all times, looking at the alerts.
- Custom security policies aimed at the specific needs of the company. This includes user and password management, device management, software management as well as mobile device management for those that have BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies.
- An always live person help desk to assist with concerns and alerts you may have at any time.
Additionally, as ordered by Colorado Gov. Jared Polis, TrinWare’s team will continue to support the mandate of wearing face masks.
Our team is committed to keeping each other and our clients safe by maintaining sanitary work practices (included and not limited to):
- Always wearing a face mask around others in public settings and at the TrinWare office.
- A minimum of six (6) feet of social distancing.
- Washing hands often and also using hand sanitizers that contain 60%+ alcohol.
- Avoiding close contact with those that are ill.
- Covering mouth and/or nose during cough and/or sneezing.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of highly trafficked areas of business.
- Daily monitoring of one’s health.
- If employees and/or family members develop symptoms, we are requesting they place themselves in a 14-day self quarantine.
On behalf of our clients:
- Should technology assistance be needed, remote digital support is the first solution explored via video, FaceTime, and/or phone calls.
- Should an on-site visit be required:
- Face masks are required
- No hand shaking
- A minimum of six (6) feet of social distancing exercised
- Sanitation kits provided to all on-site techs
We will continue to closely monitor local, state, and CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19; we do so to keep our team and clients safe.