We are proud to say that we are members of the Microsoft Partner Network. We are very focused on the products offered by Microsoft to continue driving innovation and value.Microsoft was founded in 1975. Our mission is to enable people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. We work to achieve this mission by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. We develop and market software, services, and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people's lives. We do business worldwide and have offices in more than 100 countries.
We generate revenue by developing, licensing, and supporting a wide range of software products and services, by designing and selling hardware, and by delivering relevant online advertising to a global customer audience. In addition to selling individual products and services, we offer suites of products and services.
Our products include operating systems for personal computers ("PCs"), servers, phones, and other intelligent devices; server applications for distributed computing environments; productivity applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games; and online advertising. We also design and sell hardware including the Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 accessories, and Microsoft PC hardware products.
We provide consulting and product and solution support services, and we train and certify computer system integrators and developers. We also offer cloud-based solutions that provide customers with software, services and content over the Internet by way of shared computing resources located in centralized data centers. Cloud revenue is earned primarily from usage fees and advertising.
Examples of cloud-based computing services we offer include:
- Bing, our Internet search engine that finds and organizes the answers people need so they can make faster, more informed decisions;
- Windows Live Essentials suite, which allows users to upload, organize and store photos, make movies, communicate via video, email, and messaging, and enhance online safety;
- Xbox LIVE service, which enables online gaming, social networking, and access to a wide range of video, gaming, and entertainment content;
- Microsoft Office 365, an online suite that enables people to work from virtually anywhere, anytime, and on any device with simple, familiar collaboration and communication solutions, including Microsoft Office, Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync;
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online customer relationship management services for sales, service and marketing professionals provided through a familiar Microsoft Outlook interface; and
- The Azure family of platform and database services that helps developers connect applications and services in the cloud or on premise. These services include Windows Azure, a scalable operating system with computing, storage, hosting and management capabilities, and Microsoft SQL Azure, a relational database.
We also conduct research and develop advanced technologies for future software products and services. We believe that delivering innovative, high-value solutions through our integrated software and services platforms is the key to meeting our customers' needs and to our future growth. We believe that we will continue to grow by delivering compelling new products and services, creating new opportunities for partners, improving customer satisfaction, and improving our service excellence, business efficacy, and internal processes.